Originating in Chicago, Youth Guidance creates and implements school-based programs that enable children to overcome obstacles, focus on their education, and ultimately succeed in school and life. Our organization is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs and capacity-building initiatives, directly serving more than 13,000 youth.
At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they can do anything with the proper support. Our professional staff are trained to work with schools, parents, and families to meet kids where they are, so they stay on the right path toward a bright future.
We are looking for a Program Evaluation Specialist II (hybrid work model) to enhance our Evaluation and Quality Improvement team by being responsible for coordinating, managing, and implementing internal program evaluation activities for one or more Youth Guidance programs. This function is key to supporting program quality and sustainability through a data-driven learning culture.
When you join our EQI team, you will:
- Lead the design, development and implementation of data collection measures and tools.
- Conduct and interpret routine analysis on program processes and outcome data.
- Prepare analysis and reports for presentation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and roll-out systematic QI tools and approaches in collaboration with senior EQI staff.
- Provide training and support to Youth Guidance program teams for internal evaluation and quality improvement.
- Leverage technology to inform and enhance decision making.
- Actualize our mission of ultimately working with disadvantaged youth and those who support them.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
You've Been Prepared for Greatness:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college preferably in a field related to counseling, education or business; Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in program evaluation, data analysis or quality improvement.
- Non-profit sector experience, preferred.
Your Greatness Will Shine Through:
- Ability to collaborate across functional departments to support and enhance the development and implementation of culturally responsive and equitable program evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrated project implementation and management using standard PM tools and resources including Monday.com, SharePoint, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to project timelines while communicating updates and mitigating project workflow disruptions.
- Ability to represent a team on internal and external committees and workgroups
- Demonstrated elevated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau), and/or SQL
- Interpersonal skills reflecting cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Critical Thinking
- Communication and Collaboration
- Project Management
- Quality of Work and Ownership
- Equity Mindset
- Client-Service Orientation
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of the youth we serve using data to creatively tell our program stories
- On-going professional development and access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
- Health and wellness benefits including paid time off, various insurances, an Employee Assistance Program and more
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The duties are performed via a hybrid work model within an office/business setting. Vaccination is required.
At Youth Guidance, we understand that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) are fundamental to realizing our vision of bright and successful futures for all young people. We celebrate the diversity of youth and recognize them as empowered leaders, problem-solvers, and experts of their own experiences. At the same time, we acknowledge that many systems and institutions meant to support youth are inequitable and unjust.
As such, we are committed to advancing DE&I through our words and our actions, both internally and externally, by:
- Strengthening cultural competence as well as policies, practices, and organizational structures that foster belonging and leverage the unique backgrounds and talents of staff;
- Offering youth-centered programs that are accessible and responsive to people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual identity, gender identity and expression, language, and cultural and religious beliefs and practices;
- Influencing systems that youth, their families and communities are impacted by, such as schools, organizational networks, governmental bodies, researchers, and the funding community, to apply approaches that embrace DEI in addressing the needs and supporting the aspirations of young people.
***Please submit a cover letter along with your resume.***
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.